There is an uncommon thrill in welcoming The Lord in Sai Kulwant in the morning hours. This Sunday morning turned out to become very ‘special’ as it earned a surprise darshan, a rarity these days. Reciprocating to The Lord’s magnanimous gesture, a fully charged up Sai Kulwant welcomed Him with great devotional fervour.

When bhajans continued beyond the scheduled arathi time at 0940 hrs. Sai Kulwant got the first hint of a possible morning darshan. There was an unusual bustle in the assembly and devotees started pouring in, filling in vacant spots around. Bhajans peaked to intensity and the whole of Sai Kulwant was fully charged up, anticipating the Divine arrival.

Bhagawan came in at 1035 hrs., in His car. As is His wont these days, Bhagawan’s car moved at a slow pace to complete the round before coming on to the verandah. Even as He reached the spot outside the Interview Room, Bhagawan asked for Mangala Arathi. With the Arathi song resounding in the Sai Kulwant, Bhagawan’s car moved on, to go for a reverse round, granting yet another golden darshan.

Covering the gents’ side, Bhagawan’s car took a detour to drive past the main entrance, leaving the precincts to the Hanuman Top. Hanuman was Lord’s greatest devotee, who took extreme care of His Lord’s interests, in the Treta. To that devotee, who is believed to be living eternally and who is ‘guarding’ Prasanthi Nilayam with his watchful eyes glancing over from the highest point, Bhagawan paid a visit this morning. Lord’s all conquering love for His greatest devotee!

Revelling in the bliss of the morning  as the weekend geared up praying for one more session with The Lord, the mood was upbeat this evening here in Prasanthi Nilayam. Sai Kulwant was full and with bhajan session continued in to the second hour, with the time clock ticking away, the assembly was ticking off every passing second counting yet another blessing of Darshan!

Bhagawan arrived at 1905 hrs. and went for His usual round of darshan. Coming on to the verandah, straight from the aisle at the gents’ side, Bhagawan moved into the to the Interview Room for a five minutes break, before emerging to glide past the upper verandah to come on to the dais at 1920 hrs. En route, many earned His blessings that included a group of higher secondary boys, seeking special blessings before the ensuing Board Exams. Bhagawan attended to the group, blessing pens and vibhuti prasadam, before coming on to the dais.

Full throated bhajans continued and Bhagawan sat quite attentive, glancing over, at times giving finger beats. After a twenty minute session, Bhagawan asked for Mangala Arathi at 1940 hrs., halting the session abruptly. Bhagawan left the dais soon after Mangala Arathi to retire to Yajur Mandiram at 1945 hrs.